In September 2000, Goodnewsforpets.com conducted a survey of subscribers to our web site including journalists from the veterinary, pet and general media. The purpose of the assessment was to determine your thoughts and feelings about the web site eight months after its introduction at the Western Veterinary Conference in Las Vegas. Roughly 10 percent of those who receivedthe survey replied. Here’s a recap of responses.
- Two-thirds of the respondents said that they visit Goodnewsforpets.com on a regular basis.
- Nearly one-third said they visited more than once a week and another third looked at the site once a week.
- A resounding 70 percent said they had used information from goodnewsforpets.com in their stories and the weekly news releases were identified as the most popular source of information.
- All the newsrooms have received visitors looking for information and, again, news releases were the most popular source.
- Nearly 50 percent of media professionals responding rated the information available on Goodnewsforpets.com as helpful in preparing stories with another 20 percent rating it very helpful and look forward to receiving the e-mail alert.
- Overall, news releases are the most valued resource by media respondents followed by veterinary information and the opportunity to find credible sources.
Many people also provided suggestions on information you’d like added to the site in the future and that input has been invaluable in the redesign of the site. Don’t wait for us to contact you,please send your thoughts and suggestions at any time to <ahref=”mailto:email@example.com”>firstname.lastname@example.org.