Changes in our lifestyles from COVID-19 are creating a stressful time for pets too, especially for pandemic pets who have found a loving home yet are in unfamiliar surroundings. Calming your furry friend is more important than ever in the COVID-19 environment. We love this brand, we love pink, we love soft — what’s not to love with this calming product? This Thundershirt Anxiety and Calming Aid uses gentle hugging to calm your dog. With its patented design, Thundershirt’s gentle, constant pressure has a dramatic calming effect for most dogs if they are anxious, fearful or overexcited.
Based on surveys completed by over two thousand customers, over 80% of dogs show significant improvement in symptoms when using Thundershirt. Thundershirt is already helping hundreds of thousands of dogs around the world and is recommended by thousands of veterinarians and trainers. Thundershirt helps keep animals calm so they are more comfortable in situations that were once frightening.
- Patented design applies gentle, constant pressure to calm anxiety, fear, and over-excitement. This gentle hugging produces a dramatic calming effect.
- Calms your dog during fireworks, thunder, separation, travel, vet visits, grooming, and much more with no training and no medication.
- Comfortable and easy on/off. This sport “polo” style is made of durable, breathable, soft fabric that is washable.
- Recommended by trainers and veterinarians to relieve stress-related behaviors such as jumping, excessive barking, and inappropriate marking.
- Proven effective in over 80% of dogs.
- Before putting ThunderShirt on your dog for the first time, offer a small food treat to your dog using the folded ThunderShirt as a “plate”. Dogs typically become more comfortable and trusting of something that “brings” them food or anything that they associate with food. So this is an easy little trick to quickly create a positive association with ThunderShirt for your dog.
- Next, simply follow the “Fitting Instructions.” Leave ThunderShirt on for 5-10 minutes. Following these simple instructions allows you to learn exactly how to use ThunderShirt while the dog is calm and helps to avoid the risk that she might begin to associate ThunderShirt with what bothers her. It can also be beneficial to put ThunderShirt on every 4 to 8 weeks in the absence of anxiety.
Check out the Thundershirt Calming and Anxiety Aid in Pink Polo from our friends at Chewy today. (We’d love to see your pup all calm and pup pretty in pink so tag us on Instagram @goodnewsforpets too and we’ll show you some lovin.’)