The Cat Writers’ Association, Inc. (CWA) is a unique organization of professionals who write, publish and broadcast material about cats. Members include writers, editors, publishers, artists, public relations specialists and broadcasters among others. The CWA includes more than 200 members residing in 36 states, 5 Canadian provinces, Greece, Germany, Egypt and New Zealand.
The CWA works to:
- Offer members networking opportunities with their peers;
- Be a major influence for the good of cats by providing news, information, and education on all aspects of cats;
- Improve the quality of writing about cats;
- Encourage cat writing in general newspapers and magazines;
- Recognize outstanding communication about cats;
- Encourage professionalism among cat writers, photographers, artists, and broadcasters;
- Provide education on being published; and
- Develop a mentoring program.
Become a CWA Member!
- Membership Information, Requirements and Benefits
- Membership Application
Every year CWA members gather for the Cat Writers’ Association Annual Conference. This year’s meeting will be held in Foster City, CA, November 15-17.
Features of this year’s CWA Conference include:
- Dinner Speaker Kat Albrecht, a pet detective
- Book signing at the M is for Mystery bookstore
- Two days of educational seminars
- The gala Purina CWA Awards Banquet recognizing this years Cat Writers’ Communication Contest winners