ORLANDO, FL. GLOBAL PET EXPO — March 12, 2014 " Today, 14-year-old inventor and founder of iCPooch (www.iCPooch.com
“I was Inspired to create iCPooch to reduce the separation anxiety that our family dog Kayla suffered from, and from which an estimated 13 million other pets in the U.S. suffer,” said iCPooch Inventor and Founder Brooke Martin. “It is an honor to announce the launch of iCPooch at Global Pet Expo, among passionate pet enthusiasts. We are grateful for the tremendous support of our generous iCPooch backers and fans who have helped to bring iCPooch to everyone!”
iCPooch is designed to help reduce that anxiety, and to provide dog owners with the peace of mind of knowing that they can interact with their dog while they’re away from home. For example, our service men and women can interact with their dogs while deployed and busy families, and college students away from home can connect with the family pet.
The iCPooch story " an 8th grade project goes to market Brooke invented iCPooch as part of an 8th grade class project, inspired by her wish to stay connected to her beloved Golden Retriever Kayla, and to alleviate Kayla’s separation anxiety. Brooke entered her idea for iCPooch into a Startup Weekend competition, receiving the most votes of the 40 ideas presented. Next, Brooke earned a spot as a top-10 finalist in the national Discovery Education 3M Young Scientist Challenge (www.youngscientistchallenge.com
iCPooch key features:
- Delivers a dog cookie with your tablet, smartphone, or computer from anywhere
- Two-way video chat with your dog
- Use the iCPooch all natural gourmet cookies or your own. Accommodates many different sized cookies.
- Connects to your home wireless network using a password-protected site. When you’re away from home you can connect to your pet from anywhere by logging into the iCPooch site with your smartphone, tablet or computer and iCPooch will auto answer your home device for your dog.
- No monthly fees
- Easy setup. Download a free app from Apple’s App Store or from the Google Play Store, register your device on our password-protected site and you’re ready to go.
- Place a smartphone or tablet on the face of iCPooch.
- Use a desktop or laptop computer for video chat at home if you prefer.
- Tablet not included.
- Price $149
- Go to market timeline: spring 2014
Visit iCPooch at: http://www.icpooch.com for a product demo and additional information.
Like us on www.Facebook.com/icpooch; Follow us on www.Twitter.com/icpooch