Petplan Renews Agreement with AARP to provide discounts and special promotions to AARP members
Petplan pet insurance is excited to announce a new three-year extension to its relationship with AARP as a pet insurance provider, helping thousands of Americans save money on pet health care.
“Helping AARP members take the best care of their pets, no matter their budget, has been rewarding since we first started offering this AARP member benefit in 2014,” says Natasha Ashton, co-founder and co-CEO of Petplan. “We’re so pleased to have this opportunity to ensure that millions of AARP members have access to affordable pet insurance.”
Under the agreement, AARP members will receive exclusive special offers, discounted rates and other benefits. The most significant perk AARP members receive via the relationship is up to a 10% online discount1 on their monthly premiums.
Members will also receive:
- complete coverage for new illnesses and unexpected injuries
- freedom to use any veterinarian in North America
- a dedicated 24/7 customer service team (available at 1.800.239.6870)
- express claims submission with the Petplan app or via online account
- a subscription to Petplan’s award-winning pet health magazine, fetch!
- up to a $35 Petplan Visa® Prepaid Card2 on initial signup, which can be used toward annual veterinary exams and other pet wellness care expenses
“Our members regard their pets as part of the family, who deserve the same top-notch health care any other relative would receive,” says AARP Services Inc. senior vice president Angela Jones. “The security of being financially backed by the world’s largest pet insurance provider when faced with unexpected veterinary bills—and being able to obtain that service at a discount—gives great peace of mind to AARP members. Petplan has proven themselves as more than just an insurance provider; they’re truly passionate about pet health and that is why we are excited to continue our relationship.”
“Our relationship with AARP allows us to help extend longevity and quality of life for their members’ pets, which in turn enriches the health and wellbeing of the members themselves,” says Ashton. “We’ve used our more than 40 years of global industry experience to offer a product that truly fits pet owners’ needs, and we service that product with compassionate, friendly, round-the-clock customer care. Our goal is to offer more than just financial aid to pet owners—we’re here to help them support the health of their pets through every stage of life.”
For more information about how AARP members can take advantage of this exclusive offer, please visit www.gopetplan.com/aarp.
1. 5% member discount, 5% online discount. Subject to state approvals. Discounts not available in FL, HI and TN.
2. This Visa® Prepaid Card is issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Prepaid card offer is not available in FL, ND and WA. Offer subject to change, subject to state approvals, and may not be available in all states. Not valid with any other offer.
Source Petplan & AARP