The Humane Society of Missouri and Purina ONE® present Bark in the Park, the largest dog festival in the Midwest! The annual event will be held Saturday, May 18, 9 a.m."3 p.m. at Cricket Field in Forest Park.
New this year! In addition to the 1-mile Walk for Animals and family festival, there will be a 5k run and a pancake breakfast. The 1-mile Walk will be led by 2013 Bark in the Park Mascot, Trooper, and his entourage. Trooper has been chosen to represent all shelter animals because of his amazing spirit after surviving horrific injuries after being dragged more than a mile behind a truck last November. Randi Naughton from KTVI and Melanie Moon from KPLR will help kick-off the Walk for Animals with Humane Society of Missouri president, Kathy Warnick.
Other activities include:
- Performances by the Purina® Incredible Dog Team
- Heartgard® and Frontline® Interactive Family Fun Center
- Ceva Animal Health “Keep the Love Alive” Behavior Express Tour
- Agility course and pet contests hosted by Y98’s Jen Myers
- Bounce house, inflatables, face painting, balloon animals and music
- Barn Buddy farm animals from Longmeadow Rescue Ranch
- Pet adoptions and microchipping for just $25 per pet
- Silent Auction and Gift Shop
- St. Louis’ best food trucks!
Saturday, May 18; 9 a.m. " 3 p.m.
5k Run/Walk begins at 9 a.m.
1-mile Walk for Animals begins at 11 a.m.
Rain or shine!
Where: Cricket Field in Forest Park
Registration for the dog walk and festival is $35 per person, kids 12 and under and dogs are free. For more information or to register, visit hsmo.org/bark
All proceeds benefit the Humane Society of Missouri Animal Cruelty Fund— dedicated to investigating, healing and preventing animal abuse.