Stormont Vail Foundation Care Line
Stormont Vail is an integrated health care system based in Topeka, Kansas, serving a multicounty region in northeast Kansas. It comprises Stormount Vail Hospital, Cotton O’Neil and Cotton O’Neil Pediatrics with more than 200 employed physicians and a variety of ancillary services. Since 1992, the Stormont Vail Foundation Care Line has helped meet the emergency needs of patients and their families. The Care Line helps Stormont Vail patients and their families with needs that are typically not covered by insurance. It is available to eligible recipients after all other personal, community, and public resources have been exhausted.
Examples of Care Line assistance include: prescriptions, clothing, transportation, temporary lodging, and durable medical equipment.
In 2017, the Care Line provided assistance to 8,411 patients and their families meeting nearly 13,000 needs, including:
- $200 in gas vouchers for an Emporia-area Cancer Center patient on a fixed income needing transportation help to get to daily treatments
- More than $300 in prescription assistance for an eight-year-old uninsured patient needing Tamiful.
- Meal and lodging assistance totaling nearly $500 for parents whose newborn spent three weeks in our Neonatal Intensive Care
The Care Line is funded through grants and private gifts raised through both public and employee campaigns.
- The Friends of the Care Line recognizes donors of $1,000 or more annually in support of the program. (Link to Friends of the Care Line file)
- As part of the 2017 Stormont Vail Health employee campaign, 453 physicians and staff contributed nearly $91,500 to the Care Line.
About the Stormont Vail Foundation: Mission & History
The Foundation was formed in 1984 to support Stormont Vail Health’s work to improve the health of the community. The Foundation raises funds through charity fundraisers, grants, donations, and planned and estate giving.
The signature event each year is the BIG HEARTS Golf Tournament, proceeds from which will help with radiation oncology equipment purchases and assist patients and their families who receive services to treat, heal, prevent and cope with cancer at the Cotton O’Neil Cancer Center.
What is the Storemont Vail Foundation?
The Stormont Vail Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the mission, vision, and values of Stormont Vail Health.
Thanks to the generosity of our donors, the Foundation provides funds for:
- Emergency patient needs
- Nursing scholarships
- Continuing education grants
- Facility upgrades
- New equipment
For more information about the Care Line, or to make a donation, contact the Foundation at (785) 354-6851.