Backer Announces Spring Seminar Schedule
Chicago (January 24, 2012) – More than 6,000 distributors, pet store owners and managers, boarding kennel operators, grooming professionals and specialty gift store owners are expected to attend H.H. Backer’s 24th Annual Pet Industry Spring Trade Show and Educational Conference, April 18-20, at the Atlantic City Convention Center in Atlantic City, N.J.
Approximately 300 pet supply manufacturers and distributors will display the latest innovations for pets of all types in 600+ booths.
“The 2011 Spring Show marked Backer’s return to Atlantic City,” said Colette Fairchild, Backer’s trade show director. “With the move as well the return of several major distributors and manufacturers—in addition to the new midweek format of the show—we saw attendee and exhibitor presence increase drastically in 2011. We’re excited to see this trend continue this year.”
Royal Pet Supplies and H.H. Backer Associates will once again co-sponsor a special event for registered buyers—“Pool Bash II: The Sequel”—on Thursday evening, April 19 at 7 p.m. at Harrah’s Resort & Casino. Details on complimentary admission tickets will be available at the H.H. Backer and Royal Pet Supplies websites beginning February 6.
To help pet store owners, managers and employees obtain vital information necessary for success in today’s competitive marketplace, H.H. Backer once again will offer a wide variety of educational seminars. This year’s lineup of free sessions includes:
- Mary Oquendo and Beth Cristiano: Pet Tech Pet First Aid and CPR ($99 fee)
- Barry Berman (moderator): Pet Nutrition 2012: Matching Pets and Families with the Right Type of Food (panel discussion)
- Patrick Yates (two seminars): Seven Strategies to Profit from Facebook Marketing AND How to Create an Effective Internet/Social Media Marketing Plan
- Tom Shay (two seminars): Three Steps to an Increased Profit Margin AND How to Put Sizzle on Your Sales Floor
- Dave Ratner: Ten Ideas to Implement the Minute You Get Back to Your Store
- Scott Wasserman (two grooming demonstrations): Terrier Tips AND Sporting Dogs
To register for the Backer show and for a complete seminar schedule with dates, times and descriptions, visit www.hhbacker.com and click on Spring Show, then on Attendee Information.
David Harvey, Trade Show Coordinator, CEM
H.H. Backer Associates Inc.