101 Things to Know Before Getting a Dog: The Essential Guide to Preparing Your Family and Home for a Canine Companion by Susan Ewing is a 2017 Maxwell Medallion winner under the reference book category.
If you’re longing for the pitter-patter of four furry feet, you have some homework to do. When new dog owners aren’t prepared, it’s the dog who suffers, so it’s very important to consider all angles of dog care and ownership before making the commitment. This book starts with the process of selecting a suitable dog for your
home and lifestyle and goes on to discuss the present and future requirements of feeding, grooming, training, healthcare, and much more to fully educate prospective new dog owners.
Inside 101 Things to Know before Getting a Dog:
- Advice on selecting a puppy or adult dog based on your family, living space, and lifestyle
- Buying a purebred from a breeder versus adopting from a shelter or rescue group
- The equipment and supplies you’ll need before the dog comes home
- Getting the dog acclimated to his new environment
- Feeding, grooming, training, and healthcare for all life stages
- Keeping your dog safe at home and away
- Illustrations, charts, and checklists, to help you plan and prepare
About the Author
Paperback: 224 pages
Publisher: CompanionHouse Books; 1 edition (January 10, 2017)